Welcome to our website !

Brown Sugar Cookies

By May 22, 2016

Hi guys! I feel like it has been such a long time since my last recipe, even though it was like a week ago... I wanted to share this awesome brown sugar cookie recipe I got from Your Homebased Mom and they are so good! The texture is so great and the brown sugar melts in your mouth when you eat it.. ahh these are amazzzzzing. I love myself a good sugar cookie, so when I came across this concoction I was very skeptical.. I didn't think it could possibly be as good as a sugar cookie. Boy, was I wrong. Well, the first time I made these cookies I accidentally added half the amount of flour that was needed... whoops! Luckily I didn't bake the entire batch since it looked so runny... and it came out as cookie bark. But, nevertheless, the cookie bark is still pretty dang fantastic. And the cookies I left over and added more flour to were so amazing. Here it is:

Ingredients:
14 tbsp butter
1/4 C granulated sugar
2 C brown sugar (packed)
2 C flour plus 2 tbsp
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg & 1 egg yolk
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. Melt 10 tbsp of butter in a pan until it is browned
2. Remove from heat and stir in 4 tbsp of butter and let cool
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a pan with non-stick spray
4. Combine granulated sugar with 1/4 cup brown sugar and mix
5.Put cooled butter, remaining brown sugar, and salt into a mixer and mix until there are no lumps
6. Add egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix
7. Add flour, baking soda and baking powder
8. Chill dough for 15 minutes to reduce cookie spread
9. Roll dough into balls and then roll balls in the sugar mixture
10. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cookies just begin to set. 

I hope y'all like this recipe as much as I do! Happy baking!
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments